This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Semantics during a loss: Thanks but sometimes "no thanks"!

For those who through (vain) kindness recite the words that Mama is in a better place, that we will see her again one day, that she no longer has to suffer...or other sentences such as that, excuse me as my response to you today and through special occasions going forward is for you to please refrain from spewing words like that.  I appreciate where you are coming from and what you are trying to humbly accomplish in doing so.  Pardon me as well as I say I am selfish on occasions like the one we celebrate today and would prefer to have Mama beside me (us)!  To have her in our life as the healthy and happy person she was.  I miss her beautiful face, her special laugh and just the rare things she would say and do just to make her loved ones laugh.  The loss we (family) have experienced is huge, so huge I am at a loss to express it properly.  The pain is also so huge that I would not wish it unto my enemy.  It's something everyone has to go through at one point or another and with this being our turn...I simply and gently request that people just give me a hug...your words are understood without you having to say them.

No comments: