This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Sunday, May 2, 2010

A PICTUREsque SATURDAY: An Awesome Day with Family!

Saturday the first day of May 2010. Sara and I drove to Big Spring, Texas to spend the day with Mama, the Guzman family and the Puentes family. We wanted to take grad pics of Felicia; her, Eva & Erica were awesome and gracious in accepting our invitation to do so...thanks for the opportunity 2 my sis and nieces. Thanks as well to Nick (and Erica) for being such good sports while we literally took apart their dining room and converted it into a photography studio, and gracias for the delicious hamburgers which you provided - they hit the spot. We were all equally excited and glad that Mama was able to join us for the entire day as we took pics at casa Puentes and around the beautiful town which is Big Spring. The nice amount of rainfall made the landscapes around town so green and lush. Not a bad pic was taken (indoors or outdoors).
Aside from taking pics at chez Puentes, we ventured into Comanche Trail Park. While there we took pics at the Ampitheatre, the original Watering Hole, and around the Spring.
Needless to say we were all exhausted by the end of the day. Not a bad sport among us!!!
Sara and I will be adding special touches and getting approval from the Guzman family before I post any of the grad pics here on this web site. For now, please enjoy the following collage of casual pics which Sara took of Mama, Eva and me as we followed around patiently through-out the day.
My all-time fav pic is the one of Mama sitting down with the hat (red band) in the center of the below collage. The one with Mama, Eva and me is obviously titled: "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil". We were at the ampitheatre at the time Sara took it. (As always, click on pic for larger view - best in a new tab or window)
A big thank-you to Sara for taking the pics on Saturday and for allowing me to serve as your personal assistant (lol). You did a great job! Also, please know that I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm for taking pics especially when they are of my loved ones. You are right about pictures and why they are so important and such. I wasn't always one for appreciating them, but for obvious reasons in the past few years, I have become a fan.
I opened up several picture programs which I currently have installed on my laptop and saw the grad pics alone in my office. I am able to edit pics in various ways with each program, but I was unable to begin any editing right now. WHY??? Because I cried as I viewed each pic. Felicia and Erica have become beautiful young ladies. Beautiful does not do their looks justice, and I am not being biased either. Several ppl comment about how beautiful they are.
Actually, all of my nieces and nephews are good-looking. Aside from the good looks, each one of them is mindful, respectful and upstanding. Each one successful in his/her own right. I am so proud of them all. During the time I skimmed through the grad pics which Sara took, I reflected on what a blessed family we really are. Personally being so thankful for Mom, my sisters, my brother, my nieces (great ones), my nephews (great and great great ones) and for Sara and her family. As I write this post to blog, I hold back tears but am so elated and overwhelmed for being a part of this family!!!
And, Sara, the joy is not due to the wonderful bar-be-que which you are currently outside cooking (ha, ha).

No comments: