This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Saturday, June 23, 2012

BIRTHDAY WISHES: Birthday Dinner!

Thanks to my loved ones this evening for the nice time we had (Sara and Hernandez family).  We had  a nice dinner as well, but the conversation was better.  We laughed a lot and that really helped.  Of course Mama came up several times as to be expected and memories of her filled us with much love and comfort.  After dinner Jabier went home to relax while Sara, Josie, Alex and I attempted to go for a round of mini-golf over in OD, but it was not to be this eve (inside joke why that idea went wayward).  But we did spend more time together as we drove over to a quaint Mexican dive and drank aguas frescas; Sara and I opted for the sandia, Josie for the orchata.  We shared more time and colorful banter there then came back to Midland and rode around town for a while like teenagers.  I hope we did not cramp your style, mija (Alex).  J.K. Alex is much too mature to have some silly teenaged complex - she always enjoys the company of her family!  'Proud of her for that.  Sara and I continued with our 'riding around' late into the night and listened to music (went back, way back...old school).  We got back home in time for me to post this before my sleep demanded I take heed.
Anyway...I am thankful for family!  Despite all the ups and downs associated with life and all, we (family) are ALWAYS there for one another and most certainly when it counts the most.  I would have had a difficult time today on my birthday had it not been for family.  
Thanks to my Hernandez Family for the monetary gift and for the wonderful pillow case: Josie (sis), Jabier (bro-in-law), and Alex (niece); that was so very generous of you.  I immediately covered my favorite pillow with it and will forever treasure it.  The picture on the case is my all-time favorite pic of Mama and me.  Thanks for remembering that, Alex, and sharing that with your Mama!  I love hand-made gifts...you cannot go wrong with those as they come from the heart first and foremost.  The pillow with the pillow case will loll atop the sleigh bed which once belonged to Mama -making it all extra special.  My sleep will be tranquil.

No comments: