This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Saturday, September 1, 2012

In Memory of Locario "Lucky" N. Perez: Aug. 13, 1923 to Sept 01, 2012!



We are going to miss him. 
It seems like just yesterday when I met Lucky. 
I remember we (Mama, Sara, Josie and Alex) all rode to Ulysses, KS 
to take Mama to visit him and her sisters. 
We stayed with Tia Juana and her family; that was over 12 years ago. 
He was so funny and witty - his stories always had us in stitches; 
Mama often thought differently, but we knew how she really felt.
I miss their funny disagreements!
We will miss them both and stories they shared about their youth in south Texas (el Valle).
I remember all the fun trips Sara and I made with them to Beeville, George West, 
Three Rivers, San Antonio, Odessa, Lubbock,  and a few to Ulysses, etc...
Mama met Lucky (they courted for a while) before she met Papi 
but Papi beat him to the punch and married her.
Lucky had a love for music (i.e. norteña and/or conjunto type and such) and jokes.
 And who can forget his love of going shopping at Wally World.
R.I.P. Lucky!

No comments: