This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Sunday, June 15, 2014

HOLIDAYS: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY 2014!:

“I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments,
when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.”
~ Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum
********* *********
Happy Father's Day to all the guys I know; especially the ones in my family.
For being wonderful "dads," when the special moments arrived,
and mainly for just being there for their kids to take care
of their many needs and wants as a dad should do.
For:
Jabier, Billy, Philip Sr., Gilbert (Taita), John J., Rudy D., Rudy G.,
Rudy D. III, Nick, Christopher D., Dante, Rain, Mark, Chris V.
*********
Below is a line from one of my all-time favorite movies,
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967):
[John Prentice to his father]
"You've said what you had to say. You listen to me. You say you don't want to tell me how to live my life? So what do you think you've been doing? You tell me what rights I've got or haven't got, and what I owe to you for what you've done for me. Let me tell you something. I owe you nothing! If you carried that bag a million miles, you did what you were supposed to do because you brought me into this world and from that day you owed me everything you could ever do for me like I will owe my son if I ever have another."

No comments: