This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Thursday, June 23, 2011

BIRTHDAY WISHES: Dora's b-day...just pix!

I am so NOT a material person (I hope not---really! I tried never to be...), but I am grateful for everything that my family and friends do for me so I posted pix of b-day presents I received today on Facebook and will post them here, too!
Like I wrote on my FB status update a while ago:
"i am fortunate to have a great family and wonderful friends. material things are good, too, but nothing beats time spent with loved ones!"


...the b-day cards (left 2 right): from the Hernandez family (Alex, Josie and Jabier), from the Guzman family (Eva, Felicia, Philip Sr, Erica, and Nick) and from Sara's uncle Rain (& Jeannie).
Thanks, guys. I loved each card and the sentiments expressed in each one. You all brought out the baby-cry in me, but just for the day. lol.

*********
...the Hernandez family gifted me with this nice Tech basket - all my fav goodies - edible and non. Bed and Bath rocks so does the incense! Thanks Josie, Jabier and Alex! Included my 3 fav goodies/vices: carrot cake, D.P. but the fruit cup is the exception cuz it's healthy for me. LOL. Thanks, Alex, for putting Caty on the front of the card...a special touch!
*********
...the Guzman's Texas Tech card had money in it; did someone say "shoppin time"!?! LOL. Thanks, guys, it will definitely come in so handy! Thanks, Felicia, for dressing it up ala Texas Tech style. I was happy that the three Guzman women came over to visit with me for a while. Josie and Alex were still here when they came over so it was extra fun.
*********
‎...our dear friend Ana had Dune (1984) delivered to me on Tuesday via good ole Amazon prior to her vacation last week. It's my most fav sci-fi flick. Though I had it on video, I am so glad to finally have it on DVD. Sara opened it the day it arrived but made sure I kept my promise not to open it until today. Sara is "minga"!
I actually opened it at midnight the start of my b-day (so hee, hee).

No comments: