This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Monday, June 23, 2014

BIRTHDAY WISHES: Happy Birthday To Me (Dora)! It's Great Turning 48...Shh, Don't Tell Anyone!

Pix of my gifts in a separate post below this post.
Because my birthday fell on a Monday, it would have been rather difficult to spend it with all my family so I went to a plan B after plan A fell apart -- because of moi.  LOL.  The latter plan (A) was to go to Cinergy Midland movie theatre for lunch and a matinee to see Edge Of Tomorrow; starring one of my fave actors, Tom Cruise.  I took too long (thanks, World Cup 2014) so we had to rethink what we would do.  Still hungry, we thought about just going to eat and playing the day "by ear,"  the art of spontaneity was plan B.  I called my sis Josie to invite her (and Alex) to join us for lunch, and she accepted; Alex had to work (sadness for moi).  The three of us went to Shogun Japanese Steak House for lunch.  Shogun is a great place to eat; I highly recommend it--it is one of the nicest tepanyaki grill restaurants.  Since it is communal-type dining, we had three other Hispanic gentlemen at our table.  One was more friendly than the other two; he overheard me say that I was in the mood for calamari, and so when the wait-person came to take our orders, the man joked that I should order the squid.  I would have, but I have a rule about eating certain seafood: "too far from an ocean gives the stomach much commotion"; plus, "if the month does not end in an 'r' then I stay away far!"   Just quirks of mine, but if you have never been ill due to bad seafood like I have, then you might adopt my same seafood habits/rules.  Long-story, short...the nice man paid for our meal.  He must have also overheard Josie tell our wait-person and chef that it was my b-day.  We all thanked him upon discovering that he paid.  I asked Josie and Sara if it would be weird for me to maybe go give him a hug and for sure to thank him again for paying our tab.  They said I should go do as such, but he was long gone.  I even went outside, but the group of three were nowhere to be found.  The waitress said that they were working around the shopping center fixing electrical lines in the building(s) or something like that.  I told her my story about wanting to make sure the one man knew how grateful I was...she said she hoped I would find them.  Sara drove around the area, but we never located them.  Maybe the waitress told them I was looking for them if they ever went back to eat there.  It was eventful--enough for me to write about it.  The rest of the day was nice; we did a little bit of shopping following our lunch and then headed home for a while.  Sara took me to eat dinner at Rosa's Café later, and we had a slice of chocolate cake.  I'm not a big fan of sweets, but like Josie said, it is a 'must-have' for a birthday. 
Thanks to everyone not just for the gifts, but for the calls, texts, emails, and social media tags to wish me a happy birthday.  All the good wishes made my day extra special.
Pix of some of my gifts in a separate post below, Bueno?!!

No comments: