This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Family time...Shopping with Josie and Mama on Weds.

Today we started off a little earlier. I made sure I had my debit card..."tada - charge"!
We headed for the mall. We went to Bealls and then to Dillards. Trying not to tire Mama out too much or too quickly, my dear sister went the extra mile and drove around the outside of the mall so her and Mama could park near the entrance to each respective store so that Mama did not have to walk the inside of the mall. I decided to walk it, though, to get my thoughts together.
Mama found the prettiest dress at Dillards and then we matched it up with some nice shoes and an elegant hat. Very appropriate for the wedding in June. She is going to look beautiful. I hope no one says anything negative about any of it (the oufit) because we looked long and hard before finding this particular one. Sometimes ppl talk before they think. There are just some things that ppl do not need to say. What good does saying something to someone do if you know it is going to hurt their feelings. It is never a good thing to say something to someone because one believes "they should know about it". If it is going to be hurtful, DON'T say it. Keep it inside. Anyway, that is my thought for the day. Back to the nice shopping trip of today with Josie & Mama.
After the mall, Mama took us to eat lunch at La Mission. It was good; we had the buffet. A wee bit cold was the food, but still good. It was the company we enjoyed the most as we continued to laugh and joke. I made Mama laugh because I said 'why is it that food always tastes best when you don't have to pay for it'. Usually I am adamant (as is Josie) to pay for our own meal and to also pay for Mama's meal, but she really wanted to pay for our lunch and we could tell it meant a lot for her to do so - so we agreed. It felt good for us as well to allow her that. It makes one happiest when treating others to meals and such. I welcome it and just hope others don't ever take advantage of Mama's kind heart...I say this for obvious reasons.
After the nice lunch, we went to a resale shop near the downtown area, something ???Treasures. Following that, Josie took me back to that consignment shop where we went yesterday where I had seen those knick knacks so I purchased them and Mama decided to get a couple of really pretty outfits. Sexy Mama! We love Mama.
Then we headed home. Josie had made some soup prior to leaving the house so they went home to eat some of that for supper, and I lucked out as well as Josie later brought me some to my house in the evening. It was "delish". It was the best "soap" I ever had...that is an inside joke between Alex and me. Thank the Lord for another good day.

No comments: