This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Sunday, January 22, 2012

This One Is For You, Mama! "In The Mood" by the Glenn Miller Orchestra

I watched the "Glenn Miller Story" (1954) this noon.
I love & adore this movie; an excellent bio.
Aside from me being a huge fan of Miller,
I am also a fan of James Stewart who portrays Miller.
The movie also reminds me of Mama for various reasons.
She, too, was a Glenn Miller fan and of the big band
"boogie woogie" sound which Miller originated.
Mama's favorite GMO song was In The Mood (1939/40).
Today I remember Mama and celebrate her extraordinary life...
this song is dedicated to her and her love of life, family
and her deep appreciation of music!

No comments: