This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2005: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

In Memory of Philip Sr's mother, Luz G. Guzman: Rest in peace.


Guardian Online Obituary and Guest Book
(click here):
Big Spring Herald Obituary
(click here):

Mrs. Guzman was a very nice lady.  I can recall memories of her from when my brother-in-law (Wero) first began dating my sister.  Luz and my Mom were good friends.  We (Mama and Papi) would often visit her and her late husband (Felix) at their home.  I was young and to me their house seemed so big.  I guess things always look bigger when you are young.  Luz always offered up something for me to drink when we visited; with a smile.  She always laughed no matter what she said or what others said.  Her laugh was loud and contagious - it made others want to laugh along with her.  It is indescribable through words, but in my mind, I can still hear her laughing.  She had a nickname for me...I cannot recall it right now, but when I do I will update this post.  Naturally I was saddened upon hearing of her loss.  She battled with a lengthy illness, and as life often sends our way as mere mortals, her battle came to an end.  With that said, I bid her farewell and pray for her to be at peace with her Maker.  No more suffering.  Say hi to our beloved family members who went ahead of you (much too soon)! May they each greet you with open-loving arms and help you to rejoice in eternal, resting life. 

No comments: